Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions for Entry
All terms and conditions for entry in this exhibition are required. UWS Exhibition Committee reserves the right to refuse any work for unacceptable quality, improper framing, damage caused by shipment, or for non-compliance of these terms and conditions. Any work, once selected by the juror, later found to be not in compliance with any term or condition, will be disqualified from exhibiting. Any artist who submits work later disqualified or who withdraws work, once selected, may be banned from participation in UWS sponsored exhibitions for a period of up to two years. The UWS Exhibition Committee’s determinations and decisions are final.
- Open to all Utah residents & UWS members. Participants are limited to a total of three (3) entries. No refunds once payment is received.
- All works must be original. No copies or likenesses of another artist’s work, or works created under instruction.
Use of copyrighted sources are prohibited.
- All works must have been completed within the last two years, and not have previously been exhibited in a juried exhibit sponsored by the Utah Watercolor Society.
- All works must be on natural or synthetic paper or paperboard, rendered in water media and unvarnished, and painted in a primarily aqueous manner.
- No clay board or canvas. No water based oils. A work that is primarily collage must use water media paper painted by the artist. A work that is mixed media/collage must use at least 75% water-based media in conjunction with other media, such as pastel, ink, crayon, printed collage papers, found papers, etc. These other media may not be the dominant element. No digital art will be accepted. Acceptable water media includes: transparent watercolor, gouache, ink, acrylic, casein, egg tempura. Any questions on acceptable media should be discussed with the Exhibition Coordinator, prior to entry submission.
- Unframed image may be no smaller than 140 square inches.
- To determine eligible size, multiply height by width. The resulting number must be 140 or greater. For example, 9”x12”=108in2 (too small) or 10”x14”=140in2 (eligible for entry). There are no maximum image size criteria.
- Accepted paintings must be ready to hang with wire supports.
- Paintings may be floated on a mat or matted in the traditional way.
- For this show, mats must be white or off-white; colored liner is acceptable. Stable and professional backing material required.
- Simple frames and Plexiglas™ preferred.
- Artists are responsible for delivery and pickup of selected work to and from the exhibition venue. See “Calendar of Events,” above, for artwork delivery and pickup dates.
- Delivery ($15) and storage fees ($5/week) will be assessed on paintings not retrieved on designated date/time.
- All delivery costs, including shipping/handling fees where applicable, are the responsibility of the artist.
- Works juried for this exhibition must be delivered for the exhibition dates and remain for the duration of the show.
- Artists may not substitute another work for an accepted work, nor withdraw the work once selected by the juror. Artists whose work is selected and then not delivered at the designated delivery date to the exhibition venue is considered withdrawn. Artwork deemed not in compliance with this prospectus’ terms and conditions is considered withdrawn.
- A commission of 30% will be deducted from all sales. However, artwork does not need to be for sale for this exhibition.
- No changes in price or other entry details can be made after the submission deadline. By entering this show, the artist enters into a contract with the gallery, which will be the acting agent for the sale of his/her artwork.
- While utmost care will be taken in handling entries and artwork, neither UWS nor its representative will be responsible for damage or loss from any cause.
- By entering the exhibition, I grant the UWS permission to publish digital and print images of my artwork entered in UWS exhibitions in perpetuity for the purpose of education, publicity in promotion of its exhibitions and my artwork, digital and print UWS communications, such as its Newsletter, and UWS archives.